EHS LABORATORY SAFETY - 2020 ONLINE
Environmental Health and Safety
PLEASE PRINT THE TRAINING CERTIFICATE IMMEDIATELY UPON COMPLETION OF THE COURSE! MAKE COPIES FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO PRINT YOUR CERTIFICATE NEXT SEMESTER. EHS WILL NOT PROVIDE ELECTRONIC OR PAPER COPIES OF THE CERTIFICATES.
You are required to submit a Record of Completion to your department as an indication that you have successfully completed this course.
All individuals who work in a laboratory setting need to be familiar with the types of hazards associated with laboratory environment and must receive appropriate training to work safely. This training focuses on chemical safety, general lab safety and hazardous waste management.
This training module covers the following:
- applicable legislation and industrial standards
- hazard management including a discussion of engineering controls
(including fumehoods), administrative controls and personal protective
- physical hazards and hazards associated with common lab equipment
- hazards of general chemical classes e.g. flammables, corrosives,
creatives, compressed gases, etc.
- chemical storage
- hazardous waste management
- emergency preparedness including fire safety and chemical spills
- laboratory decommissioning
This training does not meet WHMIS2015 requirements and hence does not replace the requirement to participate in WHMIS2015 training.
|Eligibility:||Faculty, staff, undergraduate and graduate students with University of Guelph Central Log-in accounts.|
Laboratory Safety Officer
|This event requires 48 hours of advanced registration.
Please register before December 29, 2020, 9:00 AM