First Aid (Emergency), CPR Level C, AED
Environmental Health and Safety
This WSIB approved one day course delivers Emergency First Aid, based on Canadian Red Cross program, and adult, child, infant Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Level C. A review on the use of AEDs (Automated External Defibrillator) is also included.
First aid topics covered include:
- Primary and secondary assessment
- Severe bleeding e.g. wounds, lacerations
- Serious injury recognition and Immobilization e.g. head, neck, back, chest, abdomen
- Medical conditions e.g. heart attack, stroke, diabetes, seizures, allergies
- Practice of relevant scenarios
- As time permits, any of the following:
- Heat/cold related health conditions
- Puncture wounds
Emergency First Aid certificate is valid for 3 years.
|Eligibility:||This course is offered to ensure adequate numbers of first aiders are established strategically across campus. PLEASE NOTE: An $85.00 charge must be paid in advance for any graduate or undergraduate students and all non-university registrants. Please make payment (in cash) at 161 Alex or contact EHS at Ext 52049 to make arrangements for payment at least 1 week prior to the course date. Departments will be charged If cancellation of a registration is not received prior to the event date. Notification of illness accepted up to day of the event|
|Instructor(s):||Bill and Leesa Nicholson, Professional Action|
|Location:||442 University Centre|
|Date:||Friday December 13, 2019|
|Time:||8:30 AM - 3:30 PM ( 7 hours )|
|Contact:||Christi Cooper Ext 52049|
|This event requires 12 hours of advanced registration.
Please register before December 12, 2019, 8:30 PM